The Association for Women Geoscientists' (AWG) exists to promote the professional development of its members, to provide geoscience outreach to girls, and to encourage women to become geoscientists. Our Osage chapter serves the KU and surrounding regions by providing outreach, education, and financial support to current and future women geoscientists as well as regional community members of both genders. Our Chapter provides over $4000 in research scholarships each year to geoscience students of both genders.
You can learn more about meeting times, events, scholarships and seminars on our AWG facebook page.
- President: Christine Chan
- President-Elect: Alexis Ahlert
- Past President: Leila Joyce Sealse
- Secretary: Michelle Proulx
- Treasurer: Shawn Dunaway
- Treasurer-Elect: Jacque Lee
- Outreach Coordinators: Cody Barnett, Clay Campbell, Michael Shahin, and Alex Staub
- Member-at-Large: Romesha Abimbola
- Faculty Advisor: Blair Schneider