Deadlines for Admission
- Applications for the Fall semester (classes start in August) must be received by January 15.
- Applications for the Spring semester (classes start in January) must be received by October 31.
The application for graduate admission is available online through the KU Graduate School. By completing the online application, you can apply for admission to the Graduate School, for scholarships administered through the Graduate School, as well as being automatically considered for teaching and research assistantships administered through the Dept. of Geology.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-degree seeking students (NDS) are admitted on a rolling basis and must submit an application at graduate.ku.edu. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants must include the materials below in their application.
- Copy of official transcripts including proof of a bachelor's degree.
- Proof of English proficiency, if it is a second language.
- Statement of interest and goals.
- Three letters of recommendation.
View full details about applying with non-degree seeking student status, or contact our Graduate Program Coordinator, Yolanda Balderas at email@example.com.